About the Congress
If you would like a copy of the proceedings of the 2009 Congress, you can download the document in two parts using the following links. These documents are PDF files; you will need software like Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
2009 H1N1 Flu Update
At this time, the congress will be held as scheduled. We continue to monitor the latest information concerning the spread of the 2009 H1N1 Flu, recently referred to as the swine flu virus. At this time, neither the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor the World Health Organization has issued any bans on travel to the United States. For the latest news on the outbreak, and for information on how to minimize its risks, we urge you to visit the CDC , or the WHO.
- A final program is now available.
- Online registration has ended as of Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 12:00 pm CST. Individuals may register onsite, beginning Sunday, May 31, 2009, 16:00, at the Illini Union, Colonial room.
Aim of the Congress
The objective of the Congress are to provide a forum for scientists and engineers from academia, research laboratories, and industry from all over the world who are involved in the field of thermal stresses to exchange ideas and to extend further cooperation among participants. The Congress should forge cooperative links between researchers and engineers by bringing them to one place, where they present their achievements and conduct discussions.
- Thermal Stresses and Deformations
- Thermoelasticity and Viscoelasticity
- Thermal Stresses in:
- Contact Mechanics
- Dynamic Problems
- Fracture and Fatigue Heterogeneous Materials
- Thermal Shock
- Continuum Thermomechanics
- Heat Conduction and Radiation Problems
- Experimental Methods in Thermal Stresses
- Computational Methods in Thermal Stresses
- Control of Thermal Structures
- Instability and Localization under Thermomechanical Loading
- Inverse and Optimization Methods in Thermomechanics
Time and Place
The Congress will be held June 1-4, 2009, on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. All Congress sessions will take place at the Illini Union.
The University of Illinois serves the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. The University of Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement, distinguished by the breadth of its programs, broad academic excellence, and internationally renowned faculty. Illinois alumni have earned Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes and Olympic medals, orbited the earth, and lead international corporations. The campus offers rich experiences beyond the classroom, from the best in performing arts to Big Ten Sports.